At the beginning of 2018 the Cape Cultural Collective’s members gathered during a brainstorming session to define the CCC’s core values, vision and mission.
- To unite and empower artists and communities in Cape Town through arts and culture.
- To unite across cultures to permanently break down barriers through arts and culture.
- To inspire social cohesion through arts and culture.
- To promote and develop an intergenerational, non-sexist, non-racist cultural performance and learning space; (Non discrimantory,)
- Promote social and cultural activism;
- Promote a space where artists can project their identities, ideas and creativity, and share these with others;
- Promote a space that is supportive of critical debate
- Promote and develop a space to reflect on history, memory and heritage
- Promote and develop different art and creative forms.
- The secondary objective is to enter into partnerships, relationships and collaborations with other organisations which support the objectives in 2.1.
- inclusivity,, Diversity, integration, social cohesion.
The Cape Cultural Collective is a non-racial, non-sexist inter-generational movement promoting social activism and reflecting on history and memory.